What ingredients do you use?
We use 3 simple ingredients for each blend.
Humanely raised meats: Chicken, Beef or Turkey. We then mix with macerated organic kale and carrot.
- Gently cooking meats kill harmful bacteria while maintaining a full amino acid profile.
- Organic kale is a good source of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Folate, Iron, Magnesium and Phosphorous, and a very good source of Vitamin A, C, K, B6, Calcium, Potassium, Copper and Manganese.
- Organic carrot is a natural pre-biotic and a good source of Vitamin A (from beta-carotene), Biotin, Vitamin K (phylloquinone), Potassium and Vitamin B6.
Why are carbohydrates bad for dogs?
A high-carbohydrate diet, including sweet potatoes, peas, grains, and legumes, has contributed to the numerous health issues of the modern dog.
Carbohydrates breakdown into glucose.
Excess glucose feeds yeast.
Systematic yeast overgrowth weakens the immune system and is the underlying factor in most ear, eye and skin allergies. *1
- drippy eyes
- ear infections
- hot spots
- itchy skin and paws
- excess shedding
- loose stool
Excess glucose causes erratic dopamine release in the brain. *4
Most commercially available dog foods use cheap starchy fillers like sweet potatoes and peas which offer little nutritional value to your dogs meal and over time can compromise all bodily systems.
The canine body is optimized for eating meats, and is very efficient at converting proteins and fats into glucose as needed, and require very little carbohydrates to thrive.
How should I serve GOOD FEED?
Simply thaw and serve.
Is it meal time and you forgot to thaw? Don't fret! Our pouches are sous vide safe. Simply submerge pouch in hot water for 5 minutes, and treat your Upward Dog to a warm meal.
Should I add a supplement to GOOD FEED?
GOOD FEED is a simple whole food primary diet which provides essential bio-available nutrients to support your dogs health. We do not include supplements in our GOOD FEED recipe, because many supplements degrade when mixed with fresh ingredients.
Supplements should be administered gently, as needed, in forms the body can readily absorb. We recommend organic, naturally occurring supplements, mixed fresh at mealtime. This ensures the efficacy of nutrients, and avoids over-supplementation or drug interactions.
How can GOOD FEED help my sick dog?
- A simple primary diet helps evaluate allergies by eliminating variables of food sensitivities.
- Our limited-carbohydrate recipe aids in the treatment of inflammatory conditions by stabilizing blood sugar levels.
- Fresh whole food ingredients offer the most bio-available nutrients which support the bodies natural healing and recovery processes.
Is GOOD FEED appropriate for my dog with kidney issues?
We always recommend consulting with your Vet about your dogs individual dietary needs.
GOOD FEED can be beneficial because:
- The high moisture content in fresh food can increase daily water intake and improve overall hydration.
- There are no preservatives in our recipe, which reduces sodium levels to help maintain normal blood pressure.
- There are no added supplements in our recipe, which avoids interactions with prescribed medications.
- Pasture raised meats provide more Omega-3 Fatty Acids, which is known to support kidney health.
You may consider adding kidney supporting herbal supplements like Tinkle Tonic mixed fresh at meal time.
What areas in Los Angeles do you deliver to and when?
We deliver to Westside LA on Tuesdays, and to Eastside LA on Thursday. See our Delivery Map for your area.
Upward Dog Provisions is dedicated to the preservation of our planets resources. How can I help?
Simply leave your boxes or cooler bags outside for pickup on your next delivery day and we will reuse and/or recycle them.
I'm going on vacation, can I suspend or change my delivery date?
Upon checkout, you will receive an email with a link to manage your account. You can pause, change or cancel your plan at anytime.